Airbus, the global leader in aeronautics, space and related services and the Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC), is delighted to invite applications from eligible persons for 2017 GEDC Airbus Award for Diversity in Engineering Education . They GEDC awards has the objective of shining a a light on successful projects which have encouraged more young people of all profiles and backgrounds to study and succeed in engineering.
- The winning project will receive 10,000 USD to support further work in this field, and the two runners up will receive 1,500 USD each;
- The award also comes with global visibility.
- Award entries can be made by individuals or teams working with or in an engineering faculty, or a school or college of engineering. Entries can come from outside academia, if the project has involved working in collaboration with an institution; however, students are not eligible to make award entries;
- Where a team has worked on the project, one person should act as the main point of contact, and complete their details within the application as ‘Project Representative’. The application form provides space to mention additional team members working on the project. The Project Representative will be contacted to provide the supporting letter and referees if needed. If the entry is selected as one of three finalists the Project Representative will be invited to join the GEDC Conference to present to the Jury, and attend the Award Ceremony, or nominate a replacement to do so;
- A Dean can be part of a project team mentioned in an application form, or can submit the application form as Project Representative on behalf of a team;
- If a project is selected for the shortlist, a supporting letter will be requested from a Dean of engineering. See GEDC website/bylaw III for description of ‘Engineering Dean’;
- Projects submitted for the award should not have been previously recognized at an international level;
- If the project submitted for the award was part of a previous entry, the application form should state what is different in the 2017 entry. 2016 GEDC Airbus Diversity Award finalists should wait at least one year before submitting an entry.
Deadline: July 10, 2017
- Applications should be submitted online;
- If for any reason, you are not able to complete the online form, a word version can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Applications can include a maximum of 2 appendices containing no more than 4 pages of written text in font size 11 altogether (other formats, e.g. photo or video are also encouraged);
- The appendices should provide supporting evidence for any claims within the application; please ensure that their relevance is clearly stated within the application form;
- Brief resume details for the Project Representative should be included in the space allowed within the application form, rather than as an attachment;
- Two referees should be included in the application form, who may be contacted if the project is shortlisted. The referees should include at least one person who can validate the material provided about the project and another who should be a character reference for the Project Representative.