Apply for the 2017 EU/UN Women Gender Equality Picture It Comic & Cartoon Competition,only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and the UN Women Nigeria Country Office have launched a comic/cartoon competition on gender equality which aims to raise the awareness of Nigerian youth on gender issues.
- You must be between 18 and 28 years old as of August 31, 2017. You must provide your date of birth in the entry form.
- You must be a Nigerian residing in Nigeria.
- You must use your legal name and provide valid contact details along with your drawing(s).
- The drawing(s) must be without words.
- Your Drawings must fit on one DIN A4 page (210mm x 297mm). Both portrait and landscape orientation are accepted. If a drawing comprises several pictures, the number of pictures should not exceed six boxes and the complete drawing must fit on one DIN A4 page.
- The resolution of the drawing(s) must be at least 150 dpi or higher. Data size is limited to 5MB per drawing.
- Acceptable formats include jpg, jpeg, png and pdf formats only.
Your drawing(s) must not be in the determination of the Organizing Entities:
- Be disrespectful of the impartiality and independence of the United Nations and the EU Delegation to Nigeria;
- Reflect adversely on the Organizing Entities;
- Be incompatible with the aims and objectives of the Organizing Entities;
- Be derogatory to any persons depicted in the drawings;
- Contain any nudity, lewd, or otherwise offensive or inappropriate content
- Finalists will be invited to the Competition Award Ceremony in Abuja, scheduled to take place in November 2017.
- Travel and accommodation costs will be taken care of by the organising entities. Prizes are set out as below:
- One first prize of EUR 1000,
- One second prize of EUR 500,
- Three third prizes of EUR 200 each
Terms of Participation
- To enter the Competition, you must upload your drawing(s) on the designated website at http://www.genderequality-pictureit.org . Only those entries uploaded on this designated website will be accepted. Entry is free.
- You may enter up to two drawings. You must enter all of your drawings at the same time. You can only enter your drawing(s) once.
- You must enter your drawing(s) by midnight (CET) 18 September, 2017. Late entries will not be accepted. Due to the expected high volume of last-minute entries, we advise you to enter your drawing(s) well in advance of the entry deadline.
- Your drawing(s) must be accompanied by a completed entry form (located on the home page) providing your name, date of birth, address, email, nationality, and country of residence.
- The five successful participants (finalists) as well as 10 to 15 semi-finalists will be selected by a Panel of Judges made of at least five members. Successful participants will be notified by e-mail after the selection process.
- Successful participants who receive a notification e-mail from UN Women and/or EU Delegation to Nigeria MUST respond to the notification by a return e-mail declaring acceptance. The Delegation of the EU to Nigeria and the UN Women reserve the right to reallocate the prize to another participant if a response is not received within seven days of the notification.
Application Deadline: September 18th 2017
For More Information: