The European union and ECOWas in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education and Daily Trust are organising an Essay Competition on Gender Equality. Eligible secondary schools in Nigeria are by this notice invited to participate in this essay contest as it is part of the EU’s program on Gender actions
The objective of the competition is to stimulate children’s awareness of the role of women in society. The competition is open to Nigerian Senior Secondary School Students between the ages of 13-16 residing in Nigeria.
Theme: The Essay Contest is on Gender Equality.
“Once upon a time there were a girl and a boy; together they decided to make the world a better place…”
Express what comes to your mind when you think of the rights and empowerment of girls and women.
Value of Award:
- The cost of travel and accommodation will be borne by the EU Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS.
- The best 30 essays will be published in a booklet which will be distributed to schools with the names of the writers of each essay.
Breakdown of Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize = One Lap top computer + N30, 000 grant for books
2nd Prize = One laptop computer + N20, 000 grant for books
3rd Prize = One laptop computer + N10, 000 grant for books
The best 10 runners-up will receive a grant of N30, 000 each for books
Institution: EU and ECOWAS
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- You should be between the ages of 13 – 16.
- • You should be a citizen of Nigeria, residing in Nigeria.
- • You should be in secondary school in any part of Nigeria.
- • You should write an essay depicting equality between girls and boys, women and men.
- • You can give your essay a caption of your choice, if you would like to.
- • You should write your first and last names, your age, your class and your school’s name and
address, on the top of your entry. You should attach a scanned copy of your birth certificate
or signature of the school principal confirming your age.
How to Apply:
You should send your essay by email to DELEGATION-NIGERIAESSAYCOMPETITION@eeas.europa.eu or by hand in a sealed envelope to Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Common Embassy Complex, European Union Crescent, Off Constitution Avenue, Central Business District, Abuja or by post to P.M.B. 280, Garki, Abuja. Essay should be in a sealed envelope marked “Essay Competition on
Application Deadline: 6th November 2017
Award Providers: Nigeria