Entries are now been accepted for the Daniel Pearl Fellowship for Journalists in USA ,and submission of applications will be on-going till August 31. Applications are invited for Daniel Pearl Fellowship from professional journalists of Muslim-majority countries. This six month fellowship is awarded for journalists to work full time at U.S. host news organizations while developing their journalism skills. Fellows return to their home countries in late August to begin sharing their knowledge and skills with colleagues, editors and publishers in their home newsrooms. In addition, the Daniel Pearl Fellows spend a week at the Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles, where they work closely with Jewish colleagues. all Profession all journalist are hereby encouraged to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
Level: Fellowship ( This is six month fellowship program for Journalists to work full time at U.S. host news organizations )
Field(s): Fellowship is awarded to develop journalism skills
Deadline: August 31.
Funded By: Daniel Pearl foundation and Press Partners
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Daniel Pearl Fellowship is targeted for Muslim journalists from the following countries are eligible to apply for the Daniel Pearl Fellowships: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia , Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE and Yemen.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The Alfred Friendly Press Fellowships are six month professional fellowships offered once a year to professional journalists from developing countries and emerging markets. Friendly Fellows work full time at U.S. host news organizations while developing their journalism skills.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses. It is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
‣ Sharing the same goals, the Daniel Pearl Foundation partnered with Press Partners in 2003 to offer special Daniel Pearl Fellowship to honor the life and work of journalist Daniel Pearl, The Wall Street Journal South Asia bureau chief who was kidnapped and murdered in Pakistan in 2002. Daniel Pearl Fellows – ten from Pakistan, four from Egypt and one from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Nepal, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen – have worked at The Berkshire Eagle/North Adams Transcript, Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, ProPublica, San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, Huffington Post (DC bureau), and The Wall Street Journal (Atlanta, New York and DC bureaus).
Daniel Pearl Fellowship is open for
‣ Journalists who are citizens of Muslim-majority countries;
‣ Current full-time employment as a journalist for the news or editorial departments of independent newspapers, magazines, wire services, or online publications of general public interest;
‣ At least three years of full-time professional experience as a journalist;
‣ Early to mid-career status and between 25 and 35 years old;
‣ A demonstrated personal commitment to a career in journalism;
‣ Ability and desire to share what is learned on the fellowship with other journalists at home;
‣ Endorsement from the management of the home news organization;
‣ An excellent command of both written and spoken English as all activities are conducted in English.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send via e-mail. Here is the Application Form
Re-applicants: Please contact email@example.com to request an application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.