The Asian Pacific Fund is delighted to announce the availability of the Hsiao Memorial Social Sciences Scholarship in honor of Liang-Lin Hsiao who was a professor of economics at Indiana State University. The program is available to students who are pursuing a graduate degree in the social sciences, economics preferred and attending an accredited U.S. college or university. The purpose of the programs is to support undergraduate and graduate students attain their education goals. The fund will provide $1,000 scholarship award to the deserving candidate.this program is open to US citizens,permanent resident and foreign national. Eligibility criteria must ti met ensure consideration for the scholarship.
The Asian Pacific Fund is a non-profit foundation dedicated to strengthening the Bay Area’s Asian and Pacific Islander communities. Its mission is to strengthen the Asian and Pacific Islander community in the Bay Area by increasing philanthropy and supporting the organizations that serve our most vulnerable community members.
- Graduate student attending an accredited U.S. college or university in 2017-18
- Pursuing a graduate degree in in the social sciences, economics preferred but not required
- Research/study topics: preference given to topics that benefit those in social/ economic need, especially Asian and Asian American communities
- Asian Heritage preferred, but not required
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Financial need
- US citizen, permanent resident or foreign national
- Preference is given to those whose journey parallels Dr. Hsiao’s who struggled to obtain his education in the midst of financial uncertainty as a young graduate student from China. He devoted his career to academia as a professor in the field of economics. He also was committed to giving back to those in need, including lecturing in China upon his retirement to educate the post-Mao era of economists who are now leading the country.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application go through the given link:
- Most recent transcript(s) of grades (including grading scale); unofficial transcripts are OK
- Resume (include work experience, school activities, community service, honors & awards)
- Two letters of recommendation, at least one of which is a current professor
Letters should be on official school or organization letterhead. Please include the student’s first and last name.
The complete application with supplemental materials must be postmarked to:
Hsiao Memorial Social Sciences Scholarship
Asian Pacific Fund
465 California Street, Suite 809
San Francisco, CA 94104
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Asian Pacific Fund is offering $1,000 to undergraduate and graduate students for achieving their education goals.
The applications are must be submitted no later than July 14, 2017.
Link for More Information: