The British High Commission is inviting application for twenty (20) Cameroon Women’s Scholarship for the academic year 2017. Scholarships are open for women applicants of Cameroon to pursue master’s degree levels in Cameroon’s state Universities/ private Higher Learning Institutions.
The Cameroon Women’s Scholarship targets women with strong leadership potential, who possess the academic excellence, to pursue a Master’s degree, but face a significant financial barrier to continuing their studies.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing master’s degree programme in Cameroon’s state Universities/ private Higher Learning Institutions.
Study Subject: The areas of studies in which candidates are sought for 2016-17 are as follows:
- Human Rights
- Rule of Law /Governance
- Information and Communication Technology
- Science and Technology
- Development studies
- Media Management and Legislation
- Security (International Security/Security Management/Terrorism/Regional Development/Conflict Resolution/Peace Studies.
- Public Health
Scholarship Award: The British High Commission’s Cameroon Women’s Scholarship will award twenty (20) scholarships for candidates starting a master’s degree course at any recognized university in Cameroon for studies related to Commonwealth values and principles. The award is a lump sum of one million francs (FCFA 1 MILLION) and two mandatory leadership training for all laureates.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The Cameroon Women Scholarship is open to those who meet the following criteria:
- must have secured an admission for the 2016/2017 academic year in any higher education institution of learning in Cameroon by 31st January 2016. Failure in securing admission by this date will lead to the withdrawal of scholarship.
- the start date of the applicants’ chosen course must fall within the first half of the 2016/2017 academic year.
- must be a national of Cameroon
- must hold an undergraduate degree (an equivalent of 3 – 4 years undergraduate studies) in any field with a grade of at least a Second Class upper (Hons)
- must have at least two (2) years work experience by 30 September 2016
Nationality: Citizens of Cameroon can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: To apply, provide the following:
- A completed scholarship application form (see below)
- A personal statement – a one-page statement/essay about yourself, your leadership potential, accomplishments and career goals (maximum of 800 words.)
- An updated CV (include contact details of two referees maximum of 2 pages using font 12 Times New Roman.) You will be disqualified if you do not stick to the guidance.
NB: Only the above three documents are needed at the first stage. Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to submit copies of university level transcripts and all academic certificates.
Submit your documents as an attachment to camwomenscholarship-at-gmail.com.
You can only apply via email. Your three files should be named as follows:
- appNAME for the application form
- personalNAME for the personal statement
- cvNAME for the CV
E.g.: candidate named Fouad Pauletta would have her files as:
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 30th November 2016.