we understand that finding a scholarship at this level of your studies can be very tedious , so we have helped to gather numerous PhD scholarships positions for international students to study abroad , therefore The University of Bern invites applications for 15 doctoral positions for prospective international students. these Positions are available for students who have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
The aim of students is to commence and complete your doctoral studies(PhD) at the University of Bern. All of your academic qualifications to date have been obtained outside of Switzerland, and you have achieved outstanding grades.
The University of Bern is a university in the Swiss capital of Bern and was founded in 1834. It is regulated and financed by the Canton of Bern
All You Need To Know About This Scholarship
Positions are available pursuing the doctoral programme.
Positions are open to study the subjects offered by the university.
The positions are limited to three years, and must commence before the 1st of January 2018. Payment is according to the regulations of the Swiss National Fund (SNF). A prerequisite for the application process, however, is that a doctoral supervisor from the University of Bern is prepared to cover 50% of the wages for the 3 year period.
Scholarship can be taken in
Eligibility for PhD position at The University of Bern:
For admission at doctoral level, students must
- Hold a master’s degree or a licentiate from a Swiss university or Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, or an equivalent university degree and
- Students must also fulfil any other requirements set out by the relevant faculty or graduate school (e.g. specific average grades or a specific result in your master’s degree, licentiate, diploma or state exams).
Further training qualifications (Master of Advanced Studies, Executive Master) and degrees from a university of applied sciences or a university of teacher education are not accepted for admission to doctoral studies.
International students can apply for these doctoral positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants will have completed all of their studies-to-date outside of Switzerland, and achieved outstanding grades in their master’s degree.
English Language Requirement:
How to Apply:
Please email your application including any related documents as one pdf to link.fehrenbach-at-entwicklung.unibe.ch. Supporting documents
- Application form
- Copy of your ID
- Cover letter
- Copies of academic qualifications
- Certification from the university where you attained your master’s degree, that you are permitted to engage in doctoral studies.
- Certificates for relevant language skills.
- An outline of your planned dissertation (maximum 5000 characters including spaces).
- List of publications (if available).
- Confirmation from your supervisor at the University of Bern (use the form “Confirmation of Supervisor”).
- A letter from your supervisor stating:
-Your potential as a doctoral candidate and the quality of your research project.
-The relevance of your project to the supervisor’s own research or that of the research group with which you will work
Application Deadline: this scholarship is currently not going on but The application deadline is usually around month of May ,2018 so do check back with the scholarship below.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND