n line with the vision of Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2), the 1 Hotels Fellowship is aimed at supporting and developing young entrepreneurs and emerging business leaders who seek to make the world a better place through direct and indirect advocacy for change that’s good for the economy and good for the environment.The 1 Hotels Fellowship at E2 is made possible through a generous grant from 1 Hotels founder Barry Sternlicht.Up to 10 fellows will be selected for the 2017/2018 program cycle.Each fellow will receive a stipend of $25,000, plus other benefits.
Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) was founded in 2000 and is a partner of the Natural Resources Defense Council.E2 is a national, nonpartisan group of business leaders, investors and others who advocate for smart policies that are good for the economy and good for the environment. E2 provides a time-efficient way for business leaders to leverage their professional experience and networks to make a difference by helping shape policies that are good for the economy and good for the environment.
- Early to mid-career professionals
- U.S. residents only
- Able to commit dedicated time on a regular basis to complete the selected project
How to Apply:
To be considered, the applicant must create a profile, submit your resume and answer the questions within the application portal, describing your project idea. The link is: https://careers-nrdc.icims.com/jobs/3598/e2-fellow/job
Fellowship applicants are encouraged to submit game-changing organizing, research or communications project ideas that make the business case for smart environmental policies. To be considered, project ideas must cross the intersection of the economy, the environment, and public policy.
To be considered, in the application portal describing your project, how it will advance environmental sustainability or clean economy policies, and how you plan to accomplish this project.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Selected fellows will receive $25,000 each and work with E2 staff and advocates to design and implement their projects. Ten fellows will be selected for the 2017-2018 program cycle.
- Awarded Fellows may be required to travel to one or more events organized by E2 and 1 Hotels during the program. Flights and hotel expenses will be covered.
- 1 Hotels Fellows will work in partnership with NRDC’s Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) program to identify pressing environmental issues and needs across the country, and then organize and execute projects that help communicate and amplify the business and economic case for smart policies to address these issues.
- Fellowship awards will be based on project merits and needs and individuals’ passion and desire to engage in advocacy at the federal, state and international levels.
- Some preference will be given to location-specific projects where E2 operates, including in the Midwest, California, New York, New England, Pennsylvania, Colorado, the Pacific Northwest and Washington, D.C. and to projects that help E2 expand its reach, membership, and advocacy.
- All applications should be submitted by August 1, 2017, at 11:59p m
- During the evaluation period, shortlisted applicants may be asked to participate, from their home base, in a face-to-face or online interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified by October 3, 2017.
- 2017/2018 Fellowship cycle runs from October 2017 – September 2018
Link for More Information: